A very small k-beauty haul (My first time!)



 Ebay K-beauty Haul  ft. Tony Moly, Innisfree, The Saem & Holika Holika and a few random samples

[Background Babble]

Hey guys!

Welcome back to another blog post! How's it going? I hope you're doing well. I thought off I'd kick 2017 off with a small haul and photos where I went way too far with Photoshop's burn tool 

Today we're talking k-beauty.

Despite being Asian, I had never really tried Asian beauty products before (excluding western takes on BB cream/cushion stuff which I don't think anyone counts anyway) - blasphemous, right? 

I think mainly because they seemed to difficult to obtain (aka no free shipping) & the AUD wasn't that great and I'm sure I could just manage with what they sell at Chemist Warehouse when they have 50% sales. But then... something... happened... I stumbled across /r/AsianBeauty


Oh boyy, I've never wanted to slather snail secretion and propolis aka bee glue (yes, honeybee glue!) on my face so much! So unless you want to be enabled to the highest degree, I'd suggest you avoid that place ;)  I spent ages reading all their top posts, holy grail, raves, must-haves and favorites and came out with a very lengthy list of what I "needed" to try. Thankfully, I actually took on a redditor's  advice on starting very small with your first haul 

[Shopping & Shipping]
Everything I bought in this haul came from two ebay stores - beautynetkorea & roseroseshop (shipping to Metro Melbourne took ~18 days). This is actually the very first time I've ordered something ebay, and happy to say it went pretty smoothly :) I noticed there was Australian versions of those stores with AU after their names, but I didn't use them

[The Good Stuff]
Be sure to check back soon, to read more indepth reviews
Seller ID: Beautynetkorea - free shipping & came with samples!


 [INNISFREE] No Sebum Mineral Powder 5g  
USD $5.99


When I first unboxed this, the first thing I realized was it was so much smaller than expected! I'm not sure what I was expecting, since it does only contain 5g of product. Anywho, apparently this powder is a HG for many people who use it to keep their oils at bay and increase foundation wear time. Admittedly, my skin isn't that oily but I'm still keen to try it out, especially since it's free of many dodgy ingredients. Beware of fakes!



[HOLIKA HOLIKA] Petit BB Cream in 'Moisturizing' 
USD$4.90
This wasn't hyped up by anyone [the jelly version is], I just thought it looked interesting and affordable. I chose it because it looked liked it had a more darker/warm tone to it and since I have dry-ish skin the "moisturizing" effect would be ideal. However, on first use, I noticed that it does cling to dry patches and is a little patchy? The colour is good though. I think I should have gone with the 'aqua' edition. Also, although the tube was sealed with shrink wrap, the tube seems very empty! On first use, I already had to do the shake & squeeze method! I noticed nowhere on the packaging does it have the volume/weight of product. Stay tuned for further updates!




Seller ID: RoseRoseShop - free shipping & no samples!



[the SAEM] Cover Perfection Tip Concealer in #02 Rich Beige 
USD $4.02



Again, much smaller than expected! And no weight/volume dimensions either. Maybe it's a thing not to mention it? Anyway, I was looking for an affordable but medium-high coverage, yellow toned concealer and this seem to fit the bill. I'm excited to try it! Stay tuned for a proper review!





[TONYMOLY] Pureness 100 Mask Sheet in 
Propolis (Skin Soothing) & Hyaluronic Acid (Hydrating) 
USD$2.66 for 2 


I've never tried a sheet mask before so I thought I'd give it ago! I read that these masks were pretty decent for the price point. My skin is dying of dehydration so I went with the hydrating option (surprise). I also thought that the Propolis mask would be a good gateway before I bought a whole jar honey

Anyway, that's my purchases for now, I'm sure it won't be long before another haul appears on here hehehe. (I'm coming for you - Mizon Snail Gel, Scinic Honey All In One Ampoule, sleeping packs, first cleansers, second cleansers!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Over to you! (Your email won't be displayed)