July Favourites

Hey guys! Here's a new post for you today!

Without any further ado, let's take a trip down memory lane for the month of July

What I got up to

  • July was the start of university holidays which usually means a lot of doing whatever.  However, most of it was taken up with working full time :'(
  • Way too much Pokémon GO
  • No where near enough graduate/internship applications - FML



Beauty Bitz
Blush is probably my favourite cosmetic item I think. I feel like it adds a lot to my otherwise dimension-less face. I've been finding myself reaching for this Essence Soft Touch Blush in Natural Beauty. It looks quite brown in the pan, but it suits my olive/tan skin tone quite well. It's pigmented yet build-able with a light hand and uber affordable


Byphasse Micellar Water: A case of "you don't appreciate it til it's gone" here. I realised how much I missed the product when I used it all up and couldn't find anywhere to repurchase it. But thankfully my lovely sister managed to grab the last bottle at Chemist Warehouse Chadstone. I use this alongside Garnier Micellular Water. This is way cheaper at $5 for a 500mL and use it for more on the body (gross but great for dealing with sweat before you can get to a shower ) and leave the slightly pricier and less soapy Garnier for the more sensitive face.

Playlist 

I've been enjoying a variety of tunes at the moment!

Here are some faves: 

  • E-MO-TION album by Carly Rae Jepsen - A rediscovery! Forgot how much of a solid pop album this is! It's totally underrated - probably coz it got like zero promotion in Australia. Hopefully the remix album puts it back on the map! A couple of fave tunes: Run Away With MeBoy ProblemsYour Type (a song about the friend-zone from a female perspective!) & Making the Most of the Night (Sia penned). Also check out 'First Time' which I think is on the yet to be released remix album
  • Girls Talk Boys by 5SOS - I thought it was Zayn/Harry when I heard the pre-chorus. Pop disco vibe yet rocky tune. I haven't seen ghostbusters yet though, I hear it got savaged by critics..
  • Codes by  Ellie Goulding - I much prefer this to her current single
  • Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners - Throwback to the 80s. This just has such an uplifting beat.
  • Cruel (feat. ZAYN) by Snakehips - Top 40 pop/electronic banger that'll be a right up there in the charts
So there you have it? What were you favourites for this month?

►Keep updated: Twitter & Instagram
►The Foreo Luna Mini for only 25 dollars? What could go wrong? Read about my first impressions here
►Want uber affordable yet stylish glasses? Then check out my experience with Zenni Optical here